Upgrading firmware process for SYNC
- Power ON the SYNC.
- Connect the SYNC to PC using Micro-USB type B cable.
- Run gTuneDesktop software. Just select COM port and hit Connect button normally. The software won’t receive any response. Don’t worry, this software is designed to communicate with the gimbal, we just use its upgrading function to install SYNC firmware.
- Go to Upgrade setting, select the SYNC’s firmware .hex file and hit Upgrade button normally. Wait for a moment, your SYNC should be installed the selected firmware.
- When the process reaches 100%, this time you can disconnect the USB cable and reset the SYNC. Then go to help setting on SYNC’s display and check it firmware version.
Using auxiliary channels
Beside some used channels to control gimbal movements, there are 3 free channels that you can use to trigger your camera by the SYNC. You can check them in AUX menu
Now select a channel to explore its setting. For example, select channel 6 setting. The following is brief explanation about channel’s parameters, all of them can be adjust by using the navigate button under the LCD display.
- Reverse: press left/right to change the direction for channel’s response (Normal/Reversed)
- Trim: press left/right to adjust the value. It likes TRIM on your RC.
- Limit Left & Limit Right: they are something like the endpoints for each channel on your RC
- Exit: back to the AUX menu
The things above just described about the setting for each channel. Now, how do you use it?
In the photo above, the first item of this list is Control. When you select it, you should be navigated to the screen where the signal value of the channel will be displayed.
You can navigate left/right to switch to other channel, in the above photo, it is channel 6.
By using Up/Down stick, you can control this channel, the same way with what you do on the RC stick. And when you press and hold the center button, it will return to zero
Calibrate Accel of SYNC
Calibrating Accel Procedure
Step 1: Put the SYNC on the table, the display looks upward (check the pictures below), then go to Calib screen and select desired calibration. In this case, you should select Calib Accel.
Step 2: The SYNC will ask you to confirm that you understand the process and accept to calibrate the IMU offset. So, keep the SYNC stand still and hit Yes, then wait for few secs until the process is completed.
Step 3: Go back to select Calib Gyro and do the same process. Finally, power OFF -> ON the to reset the SYNC.